Injustice 2 is a sequel to the 2013 fighting game Injustice: Gods Among Us. It was released in May 2017 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, iOS, and Android, with a Microsoft Windows version released later in November 2017.
Ultimate Edition and Deluxe Edition
An Ultimate Edition and Deluxe Edition was announced and was released alongside the Standard Edition on May 16, 2017. The Deluxe Edition costs $79.99 and the Ultimate Edition costs $99.99 at launch. The Deluxe Edition contains 3 DLC characters, 1 Power Girl skin for Supergirl, and 1 Defender Gear Shader Pack. The Ultimate Edition comes with 9 DLC fighters, Reverse Flash, Green Lantern (Jon Stewart), Power Girl and Black Lightning skins, and 2 gear shader packs: Demons and Gods.
On February 28, 2018, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment announced Injustice 2: Legendary Edition. Similar to the Ultimate Edition for Injustice: Gods Among Us, the Legendary Edition includes all previously released downloadable content for Injustice 2. It also introduces new features, such as an expanded tutorial system called the "Learn Hub", new gear items, and an increased character level cap. In addition, those who pre-ordered the Day One Edition of the Legendary Edition received a collectible coin, a steelbook case, a "comic exclusive download steel card", and 11,000 Source Crystals to use in-game. The Legendary Edition was released on March 27, 2018, for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows.
Since the Justice League's Superman had defeated the One Earth Regime's High Councillor Superman, Batman and his Insurgency have been working to piece back together the world. This hasn't been easy as they had to deal with the remnants of the Regime, a new villain group called "The Society," and the arrival of Brainiac.
There are 28 base game characters, and 10 DLC characters. Darkseid was a pre-order bonus, but was made available as standalone DLC separate from the Fighter Packs. There are 16 new playable characters, with 13 returning characters from the previous installment. These characters are:
^a : Available as DLC or pre-order bonus
* : Denotes a returning player from Injustice: Gods Among Us.
Premier Skins serve as skins that change the characters' appearance, voice, and personality and even use powers from the base character. If it's not yet obtained, then they cost about 6,000 Source Crystals each for one skin. For example, the Black Lightning, John Stewart, Power Girl, and Reverse-Flash premiere skins are all part of the Injustice 2 Legendary Edition.
Injustice 2 has 12 stages.
The following are all the Stages:
|Arkham Asylum||Atlantis||Batcave||Brainiac's Ship|
|Fortress of Solitude||Gorilla City||Gotham City||The Joker's Playground|
|Kahndaq||Metropolis||Red Sun Prison||Slaughter Swamp|
- Ike Amadi - Atrocitus (supporting antagonist)
- Laura Bailey - Supergirl (deuteragonist)
- Ogie Banks - Firestorm
- Bruce Barker - Hellboy
- Steve Blum - Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) (one of the two tritagonists), Sub-Zero, Victor Zsasz
- Joe Brogie - Donatello
- Cameron Bowen - Red Hood
- Jeffrey Combs - Brainiac (main antagonist)
- Kevin Conroy - Batman (main protagonist)
- Ryan Cooper - Michelangelo
- Sara Cravens - Power Girl
- Antony Del Rio - Blue Beetle
- Grey DeLisle - Catwoman, Alura In-Ze
- Megalyn Echikunwoke - Vixen
- Susan Eisenberg - Wonder Woman (major antagonist)
- Robert Englund - Scarecrow (major antagonist)
- Richard Epcar - Joker (posthumous overarching antagonist), Raiden
- Charles Halford - Gorilla Grodd (secondary antagonist)
- C. Thomas Howell - Captain Cold (supporting antagonist)
- Taliesin Jaffe - Flash (Barry Allen) (one of the two tritagonists)
- Matthew Yang King - Atom
- Corey Krueger - Leonardo
- Brandy Kopp - Enchantress
- Phil LaMarr - Aquaman(major antagonist), Green Lantern (John Stewart), Lucius Fox
- David Lefell - Brother Eye
- Erica Luttrell - Cheetah (supporting antagonist)
- Vanessa Marshall - Black Canary
- Matthew Mercer - Deadshot (supporting antagonist)
- Joey Naber - Black Adam (major antagonist)
- George Newbern - Superman (final antagonist)
- Kane Jungbluth-Murry - Black Lightning, Black Manta
- Liam O'Brien - Reverse Flash (supporting antagonist), Brainiac 5
- Khary Payton - Cyborg, Grid
- Jim Pirri - Mr. Freeze
- Scott Porter - Damian Wayne (major antagonist)
- Ben Rausch - Raphael
- Patrick Seitz - Bizarro
- David Sobolov - Doctor Fate
- Tara Strong - Harley Quinn, Dr. Randall
- Fred Tatasciore - Bane (supporting antagonist), Martin Stein, Swamp Thing
- Alan Tudyk - Green Arrow
- Tasia Valenza - Poison Ivy (supporting antagonist)
- Kari Wahlgren - Starfire
- Travis Willingham - Flash (Jay Garrick)
- Michael Leon Wooley - Darkseid
- Amanda Wyatt - Voice Director
Like its predecessor, a free-to-play mobile app based on Injustice 2 was released for iOS and Android devices on May 11, 2017. The app was soft-launched in the Philippines App Store in February 2017. It maintains several gameplay features from the original, including the swipe-based fighting mechanics, card collection, and three-on-three battles, but it introduces various changes to the game's overall formula. Players are now given the ability to move around the stage freely during combat and use jumping and crouching attacks. The stamina management system returns; however, instead of each character receiving their own allotment of stamina, the player is given a single stamina pool, which depletes after every match. Fights also require higher levels of stamina than the previous game. The app includes login bonuses, daily objectives, which offer experience and coins, and achievements, which are long-term goals that reward players with premium gems and "hero shards" used for unlocking and leveling up characters. It also features game mechanics similar to those found in the console versions, such as ability and gear upgrades. The app includes a story mode, which will be released chapter by chapter in subsequent updates. According to Google Play, the Android version of the app has been downloaded at least ten million times since its release.
Injustice 2 received "generally favorable" reviews on Metacritic getting a metascore of 86/100 on PC, 87/100 on PS4, 89/100 on Xbox One, and 77/100 on iOS. While its Legendary Edition received a metascore of 88/100 on PS4.
- Warner Bros. announces Injustice 2 - Playstation Lifestyle
- Injustice 2 Ultimate Edition - Gamestop
- Injustice 2 Ultimate Edition Playstation 4 - Amazon
- Metascore for Injustice 2 on PC, Metacritic, Retrieved June 23, 2020
- Metascore for Injustice 2 on PS4, Metacritic, Retrieved June 23, 2020
- Metascore for Injustice 2 on Xbox One, Metacritic, Retrieved June 23, 2020
- Metascore for Injustice 2 on iOS, Metacritic, Retrieved June 23, 2020
- Metascore for Injustice 2: Legendary Edition on PS4, Metacritic, Retrieved June 23, 2020